Herrod Motorsport has been assisting Harrop Engineering on their Eaton TVS supercharger kit for the BA, BF XR8 & GT 290 engines & FG XR8 Ford V8 Boss 290 engine vehicles.
In testing it has been found that the BF GT 302 & FG GT 315 engine will need a change in compression ratio for the fitment of a supercharger package, this is due to the 11.1 to 1 pistons fitted. The compression ratio can be changed by either fitting the Boss 290 pistons & con rods or by the fitting of aftermarket forged pistons & con rods.
The Harrop / TVS Supercharger has been designed and built to suit the Ford 5.4 Boss V8 engine as fitted to BA & BF Falcon XR8 and FPV GT290 models. For a superior economical supercharger package, look no further than the latest in Roots type supercharger technology.
The Harrop HTV (Harrop Twin Vortices) supercharger system is a Roots-type supercharger manufactured utilizing the latest Eaton TVS (Twin Vortices Series) rotating assembly. Specifically designed to suit all varieties of Boss 5.4 260 & 290 high performance applications that delivers more power and better fuel economy for uncompromising high performance driving.
The Harrop HTV supercharger's design features patented four-lobe rotors with high-flow inlet and outlet ports that greatly enhance thermal efficiency, delivering higher volumetric capacity, and enable higher operating speeds. The HTV supercharger is capable of running with a high efficiency across a very wide operating range.
The four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twists. The higher helix angle of the rotors coupled with a redesigned inlet and outlet ports, improves the HTV's air-handling characteristics without increasing the overall size of the unit. The new Harrop HTV sets a new standard of supercharger performance and reaffirms Harrop and Eaton's leadership in the performance automotive market.
The Harrop/Eaton HTV2300 Series is a significant improvement over all previous Eaton HH based products on the market. This new Harrop/Eaton HTV range of superchargers are based on the latest Eaton TVS Generation rotating groups.
The advantages of this new generation rotating group are:
• Greater volumetric efficiency which enables the rotating group to "capture" more air per revolution.
• Less parasitic loss which takes less power to turn.
• Create less heat which equates to greater power levels.
• Incorporate a larger intake area which creates less turbulence and allows more air into the rotor ports.
• Quieter for that even more Stealth appearance.
The Supercharger kit includes:
• Harrop HTV2300 supercharger assembly using Eaton TVS rotors.
• Harrop supercharger inlet manifold and drive assembly.
• Ford GT500 Twin 62mm Electronic Throttle body.
• Intake duct & Hi flow air filter.
• Harrop air to water intercooler kit.
• All brackets, belts and fasteners.
• High flow 100lb injectors.
• All wiring loom extensions, 2 bar map sensor and adaptor looms (no wiring modifications required).
Prices for the Harrop / TVS Intercooled Supercharger package vary from different models, so please contact Herrod Motorsport for prices.