Manley Platinum Series Pistons
The Manley platinum series pistons are made from 2618 alloy for maximum high temperature strength and fatigue resistance.
Manley's platinum series pistons provide trouble free installation, excellent reliability and are unsurpassed by the best the competition has to offer in producing maximum horsepowerfrom your Boss 5.4 engine. Stock pistons in 5.4 Boss engines are hypereutectic style. These Manley forged pistons will stand up to much higher horsepower levels and are a necessity for supercharged applications.
The Manley "H" beam rods are fully capable of handling supercharged or nitrous applications. These rods are considerably stronger than the stock rods of the Boss 5.4 engines.
These are the rods that are original equipment in the US Ford GT Supercar, powered by the 5.4 Supercharged engine.
- Manufactured from 4340 forgings.
- Heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and magnafluxed.
- Weight matched sets + or - 1.5 grams.
- Cap fasteners are 8740 alloy 3/8 ARP cap screws.
- Horsepower range for these rods is 700 H. P. at 8000 RPM.
- Gram weight 598"